Why Do I Need A Specialized Pediatric Dentist?
When it comes to investing in your child’s smile, you want more than just a regular dentist. As Silverton and Keizer’s only board-certified pediatric dentist, no one understands the unique needs of your child’s teeth, gums, oral structure and mouth, like Dr. Tim Richardson.
Your little one’s mouth is constantly changing as they grow – and you want a dentist who not only understands their unique needs, but can help guide them into the healthiest smile possible! A pediatric dentist receives 2 to 3 additional years of formal education after completing dental school.
What Makes A Children’s Dentist Special?
Chances are, when your child was born, you entrusted their health to a pediatrician. Why treat their smile differently? Dr. Richardson’s expertise goes above and beyond that of a regular dentist, to include…
- Young patients with developmental concerns
- Children with medical conditions, including asthma, diabetes, allergies, congenital heart defects and more
- Special needs patients
- Pediatric dental injuries and emergencies
- Early-intervention assessment and orthodontic alignment methods
- Preventative dental techniques that are unique to children, including nutrition guidance, sealants and fluoride treatments
- Childhood habit counseling, from thumb sucking to tongue thrusting and more
- Administering pediatric sedation
When your child has difficulty nursing or speaking, you want a pediatric dentist who can diagnose a tongue or lip-tie, then treat it with the best techniques and tools. At Acorn Dentistry For Kids, we provide advanced laser therapies to treat such conditions painlessly and quickly.
Leave It To The Professionals
While your child may be like you in many ways, they’re not an adult – and even adults sometimes have a hard time going to the dentist. Dr. Richardson knows just how to work with your child to help them relax (and cooperate) during their appointment. Get your child’s smile off to a great start by making your same-day appointment at our Silverton or Keizer locations. Ask about our complimentary exams for patients 2 years of age and under.